Who is eligible to join Texas CLASS?
Any municipality, county, school district, or authority created under Section 52(b)(1) or (2), Article III or Section 59, Article XVI, Texas Constitution, a fresh water supply district, a hospital district and any political subdivision, authority, public corporation, body politic, or instrumentality of the state of Texas, any office, department, commission, board, or other agency that is part of any branch of State government, an institution of higher education, or any nonprofit corporation acting on behalf of any of those entities that has taken the actions required by Section 2256.016 of the Act and that has executed either the Trust Agreement or a counterpart of the Trust Agreement or a participation certificate.
To participate in Texas CLASS, please complete the following:
- Read the Trust Agreement
- Read the Information Statement
- Complete the Registration Packet
- At your next board meeting, pass a resolution authorizing participation in Texas CLASS
- Adopt the Trust Agreement by signing Exhibit D located in the Registration Packet
- Complete the Entity Registration, Authorized Contacts, and the accounts to be established
- Keep the original forms for your records, and send the completed packet to the Texas CLASS Client Service Team by fax (855) 848-9910 or by email to email@example.com.
- Within 30 days of opening your account, please acknowledge Form 1295 on the Texas Ethics Commission’s website